Program of Study Year 7-10, 2022
The Creative Arts program offers successful applicants opportunity to engage in enriched learning experiences and performance opportunities in the Art.
Tailored programmes in the Arts will build upon prior knowledge and skills in nominated, discrete study in one of the following disciplines:
This enrichment program attracts a participation levy ($110) and requires commitment of time and effort outside the mainstream timetable.
Entry to this program is by application.
Our Performing Arts Centre, provides 21st Century facilities and state of the art learning spaces.
Performance spaces for Music, Drama, Dance supported by Digital Media spaces and Green Room offer superb learning spaces to accommodate tailored learning experiences and performance projects.
Our current Art studios are equipped to allow delivery of 2/3 D studies in Fine Arts (Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Printmaking and Digital Media).
This program aims to:
- Offer students who are skilful and artistic in their nominated area of Drama and Visual Art, an extended, enriched curriculum
- Assist students to build upon critical and creative thinking skills vital for a contemporary, technology based society
- Provide creative and engaging extension opportunities for students
- Prepare students for future study in the Arts
- Provide opportunities to work with visual and performance artists and exposure to professional programs in the Arts disciplines
This is not a timetabled subject.
Students will have access to 'incursion/excursion' enrichment programs in a nominated strand of the Arts (one per term).
Students in the program will be given opportunities to perform and display.
- Provide an extended challenging curriculum
- Inspire and encourage personal development through workshops, incursions, theatre visits and artists in residence experiences
- Build community links with industry; musical theatre, stage combat, movie make-up, performance excellence, production & design
- Enriched opportunities for students through Artist in Residence programs and art gallery visits viz GOMA/QAG
- Build on individual skills and engage in a rich extra-curricular art experiences
- Sample and explore a range of media and techniques in 2D and 3D art forms
- Develop a process of visual inquiry and practice
- Reflect on their own work and others using a Visual Literacy reference
- Participate in authentic experiences with industry professionals through workshop provision.