Cavendish Road State High School has a proven record of academic, cultural and sporting achievements.
As an exemplary State school we aim for excellence for all. Our student academic performance is amongst the best in the State achieved and sustained by a positive learnring culture, explicit teaching for impact and expectations to meet or exceed one year's progress from one year's instruction.
Visible teaching and learning
- Student mastery of reading, writing and numeracy and teaching for surface, deep and transfer learning is simply an element of good teaching
- A viable, dynamic and engaging curriculum taught with fidelity and rigour
- Expert teaching where professional practice is shared, honed and evidence based for its impact on learning growth
- Leadership of learning and a strong commitment to professional practice by teachers
- 21st century innovations in the application of high order thinking skills, critical and creative thinking, and the judicious use of digital pedagogy
As a result
- Our students consistenly score above state and national comparisons in NAPLAN
- Our senior students have achieved ATAR scores well above the state average.
- Regional, State and National and community organization awards include OptiMinds, Debating, Science and Mathematics, Music, Netball, Football and Touch Football.
- Through our academies, a large number of students study university subjects at school and have guaranteed entry into science, maths, engineering and business degrees.
- Students are well motivated with a positive attitude towards education.