Cavendish Road State High School has a long record of exemplary State schooling and excellence in education. We are a high performing school for all students to reach their potential in academic, cultural and sporting endeavours.
In junior school, students may participate in enrichment and extension programs such as our Academic Explorers program, have a particular team sport talent to seek entry to our sports excellence programs while senior students may elect to study University subjects at school.
A stong culture for learning, community and responsible behaviour are foundation to school life. Our school has an outstanding culture that is the first pillar of 4 Pillars of Learning.
Our students excel across the curriculum and opportunities are provided in all of the eight key learning areas. Whether a student has natural talents and aptitudes in Mathematics, Science, Humanities, English, Foreign Languages, The Arts, Health & Physical Education or Technologies authentic challenges and opportunites are included in day to day teaching and learning.
Our school has always and continues to excel in the area of sport, with excellence programs in football, touch football and netball.
Our school offers a music extension program that emphasises strong instrumental performance integrated with the use of multimedia in both music and other subject areas.
Pastoral care and peer support
Our school conducts an extensive peer support and pastoral care program. Surveys show that both students and parents feel that the school is a safe place to learn.
- Empower every student to engage in learning and achieve growth each year
- Nurture student wellbeing, ensuring they are safe, valued and respected
- Engage learners through personalised, collaborative and integrated learning experiences for the digital generation
- Being inclusive and continulally improve
- Engage families to play an active role in their child's learning and development
- Support culturally responsive learning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Strengthen outcomes for all students
- Create and maintain positive transitions from primary education to secondary school and beyond to further education, training and employment
- Learning outcomes. Our school excels in student performance.
- Parent satisfaction. Our school annually outperforms, Like and State Secondary schools in opinion surveys
- Student retention. Annually exceeds Like and State Secondary schools, and due to increasing enrolment demand from in-catchment applications
- Post-school destinations. Annually amongst the highest in the State for students entering tertiary study, employment or training post school